Across the UK, UCU members are out on strike for the following demands:
- No more pay cuts
- Stop the attacks on our pensions
- End the race and gender pay gaps
- Stamp out casualisation – job security for all
- Reduce our crushing workload
Read our leaflet here [UCU Rising leaflet]
We are on strike for the following days in February and March:
February 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28
March 1, 2, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22
You can show your solidarity in the following ways:
1. Visit our picket lines
We welcome visitors to our picket lines. You can meet strikers and supporters, help us leaflet and be a visible sign of support for our action, join a picket-line teach out and find out what activities we have planned. Pickets are generally running at the following sites between 8.30am and 11.45am, however West Cambridge and Education Faculty pickets may not run every day. Check our social media accounts for updates or if you want to bring a delegation to visit and need to check when pickets are running in advance please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Cambridge: corner of JJ Thompson Ave / Madingley Road
- Sidgwick site South side: Sidgwick Ave
- Sidgwick site North side: West Road
- Senate House / Old Schools: King’s Parade outside Great St Mary’s church
- Downing site: Downing Street
- Education Faculty: Hills Road outside the Education Faculty building
2. Send us a message of solidarity
Email email@example.com with a message we can share with our striking members.
3. Make a donation to our local hardship fund
If you could donate to our local Hardship Fund it would be very much appreciated and will support our precariously employed members and those in financial hardship.
- By bank transfer:
- Name : UCU Cambridge Hardship Fund
- Number : 20393807
- Sort Code: 60-83-01
- By cheque, made out to: Cambridge UCU Hardship Fund.
- With cash, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Help us build a stronger strike solidarity movement
Get in touch using this form if you can help by distributing leaflets, mobilising for protests, raising money or if you’re a rep or activist from another trade union or community group and want to work with us: https://forms.gle/wBogbi8WZQBBGNg89
Get started with these resources:
- Print out a signup sheet for our solidarity network (email scanned copies back to email@example.com) [sign up sheet]
- Add these solidarity posters to your social media accounts or take the UCU picketline pledge.
- Write to the University Vice Chancellor expressing your support for our action and urging the University to call on the university employers’ bodies UCEA and UUK to meet UCU’s demands: VCO.Enquiries@admin.cam.ac.uk