Nominations are open for the following roles on the Executive of Cambridge UCU:
Eleven officers of the Local Association
- Membership Secretary
- Equality Officer
- Anti-casualisation Officer *
- Graduate Rep (a member who is a Graduate Student)
- Reps Coordinator
- Communications Officer
- Health and Safety Rep
(*a member whose main employment is on a casualised contract or who in the two years previous to nomination has been casualised in their main employment)
- Seven ordinary members of the Executive
Delegates to the UCU Annual Congress
- Four delegates to the UCU Annual Congress.
Descriptions of the roles and the rules governing the election procedure can be found in the Local Association rules, available here: CUCU LA Rules.
Nominees should note that the current LA Executive Committee has determined that any new members of the incoming Executive Committee should attend the UCU Reps 1: UCU Reps induction training course at the earliest opportunity.
The schedule for the elections is as follows:
|10 May 2023
|Calling Notice of AGM and opening of nominations
|25 May 2023
|Close of nominations – 12 noon
|26 May 2023
|Ballot opens (if positions are contested)
|21 June 2023
|Ballot closes – 12 noon
|23 June 2023
|Election results declared at the LA AGM
All nominations must be received (one form per nominee per position) by the Returning Officer, Stephen Cowley, no later than 12 noon on 25th May 2023. Electronic copies of scanned completed forms should be sent to Stephen Cowley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Executive whose election is announced at the AGM on 23 June will take office on 1st September 2023.
- In order to remove the need for hard copies and face-to-face contact, scanned copies of signatures can be used on the nomination form. Any signature used must be “identifiable”. It is acceptable to provide a good quality photograph of a completed nomination form.
- All signatories will need to provide their UCU membership number and email address. Incomplete details may void a nomination.
- If it is necessary for nominees, proposers and seconders to submit separate forms where collation into a single form is not possible, this will be acceptable.