Nominations are open for for the CUCU Executive Committee of 2022/23! Any member can apply for the following positions:
- Membership Secretary
- Equality Officer
- Anti casualisation Officer *
- Graduate Rep (a member who is a Graduate Student)
(*a member whose main employment is on a casualised contract or who in the two years previous to nomination has been casualised in their main employment)
You can also apply for one of seven Ordinary Member roles on the Committee, or one of our four delegate slots for the UCU Annual Congress.
Descriptions of the roles and the rules governing the election procedure can be found in the Local Association rules, available here CUCU LA Rules.
Nominees should note that the current LA Executive Committee has determined that any new members of the incoming Executive Committee should attend the UCU Reps 1: UCU Reps induction training course at the earliest opportunity.
The schedule for the elections is as follows:
|20 Oct 2022||Calling Notice of AGM and opening of nominations|
|2 Nov 2022||Close of nominations – 12 noon|
|3 Nov 2022||Ballot opens (if positions are contested)|
|29 Nov 2022||Ballot closes – 12 noon|
|1 Dec 2022||Election results declared at the LA AGM|
All nominations must be received using the Nomination Form 2022 (one form per nominee per position) by the Returning Officer no later than: 12 noon on 2nd November 2022
Electronic copies of scanned completed forms should be sent to email@example.com
If you require the nomination form in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to remove the need for hard copies and face-to-face contact, scanned copies of signatures can be used on the nomination form. Any signature used must be “identifiable”. It is acceptable to provide a good quality photograph of a completed nomination form.
- All signatories will need to provide their UCU membership number and email address. Incomplete details may void a nomination.
- If it is necessary for nominees, proposers and seconders to submit separate forms where collation into a single form is not possible, this will be acceptable.