Nominations are open for the CUCU Executive Committee of 2021/22! Anyone can apply for the following positions:
- Membership Secretary
- Equality Officer
- Anti-Casualisation Officer
- Graduate Rep
You can also apply for one of seven Ordinary Member roles on the Committee, or one of our four delegate slots for the UCU Annual Congress.
You can find the nomination form here, along with further details of how to apply. Nominations close on Monday 18 October at 12.00.
Descriptions of the roles and the rules governing the election procedure can be found in the Local Association rules, available here: CUCU LA Rules.
Nominees should note that the current LA Executive Committee has determined that any new members of the incoming Executive Committee should attend the UCU Reps 1: UCU Reps induction training course at the earliest opportunity.
The schedule for the elections is as follows:
|30 Sept||Calling Notice of AGM and opening of nominations|
|18 Oct||Close of nominations – 12 noon|
|22 Oct||Ballot opens (if positions are contested)|
|11 Nov||Ballot closes – 12 noon|
|12 Nov||Election results declared at the LA AGM|
All nominations must be received using the Nomination form 2021 (one form per nominee per position) by the Returning Officer no later than 12 noon on Monday, 18th October 2021.
Electronic copies of scanned, completed forms should be sent to the Returning Officer, Ben Monks, at email@example.com. If you require the nomination form in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to remove the need for hard copies and face-to-face contact, scanned copies of signatures can be used on the nomination form. Any signature used must be “identifiable”. It is acceptable to provide a good quality photograph of a completed nomination form.
- All signatories will need to provide their UCU membership number and email address. Incomplete details may void a nomination.
- If it is necessary for nominees, proposers and seconders to submit separate forms where collation to a single form is not possible, this will be acceptable.
- Nominations will be acknowledged by email as soon as possible after receipt.