- renewed Israeli barrage against Gaza;
- ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from East Jerusalem;
- Human Rights Watch finding “crimes against humanity of apartheid and persecution” by Israel;
- Racist attacks on Palestinians by mobs protected by police.
Congress believes this…
- illegal settlement in the West Bank;
- systematic discrimination against Palestinians holding Israeli citizenship;
- Nation State Law making Israel a state for Jews, rendering Palestinians and non-Jewish immigrants second-class;
and arises from:
- Israel’s settler-colonial and supremacist nature for which Britain bears special responsibility.
Congress resolves via GS to:
- urge members to review any relationships with Israeli institutions, and consider their moral and political implications;
- call on UK Government and devolved administrations to impose trade sanctions and arms embargos on Israel as an Apartheid state;
- circulate sanctions petition to members;
- urge branch-organised PSC/BRICUP meetings, defending the right to criticise Zionism against antisemitism smears.
Passed at 18 May 2021 Branch Meeting